In the past few years, it seems like there’s been a small change going on, and it’s starting to get big, with celebrities and regular folk alike: women are opting for smaller breast implants.
While a lot of us may agree that bigger isn’t always better, in most cases, the thinking didn’t used to carry over to implants. And many are still choosing the Ds and DDs. But there is a rise in the number of women who go to their plastic surgeons using words like “natural,” “in proportion” and “not obvious.”
Subtle breast enhancement doesn’t always require an implant
Injecting breasts with a women’s own fat is a method that has really grown in popularity in these days of more natural looking breast augmentation. The procedure uses liposuction to remove fat from another area of the body, and it can be the ideal solution for patients who want only a small increase in breast size.
Making a long-term choice for smaller
It’s never been easy to know that you’re choosing just the right size implants. Some women aim for discretion and end up feeling like they didn’t really get noticeable results. So there can be a fear of “going small.” But more women are deciding to do just that, on purpose. In fact, many women who have their implants replaced are exchanging them for something smaller.
Here are just a few of the advantages our patients have reported they achieve with smaller implants:
- “I have a more feminine shape without feeling like I look fake.
- I feel like this is a normal size I will be happy with as I get older, too.”
- “I think I look like these fit my size and shape – like I was ‘born” with them.”
- “The surgery was my personal business so I’m happy these don’t cause me a bunch of unwanted attention.”
- “I’m very athletic, and these don’t interfere with my activities.”
They’ve been around for over 50 years.