Plastic surgeons say they have been noticing quite an increase in the demand for neck lifts. There are several reasons that might account for the growing interest in improving neck appearance, including:
- Aging baby boomers want their necks to better reflect their efforts to stay healthy and young looking
- A growing desire to decrease sagging neck skin the way we’ve already been improving the appearance of our faces
- Repairing the effects of extreme weight loss
- The added wrinkling effects of modern technology
Could you have Tech Neck?
We spend more time with our necks bent than any other generation before us. Most of us spend large parts of our days bent over smartphones, tablets and laptops, and this posture is definitely causing an increase in the number of folds and lines on our necks. Luckily, there are procedures available that can help improve the effects of our high-tech lifestyles.
Would you like to eliminate Tech Neck?
Several treatments can help improve the appearance of our necks, regardless of whether the sagging skin is the result of too many years of tanning, weight loss, smart phones or simply aging:
- Surgical neck lifts
- Injectable fillers and treatments
- Nonsurgical skin tightening using lasers
- Light and heat technologies
All of these methods can be effective in smoothing out the neck.
Neck lift surgery — the ultimate profile changer
Wrinkles on our necks usually form vertically, giving the the sagging skin that unflattering nickname, “turkey waddle.” A neck lift is the most effective procedure for tightening this skin and eliminating vertical folds. The procedure can also help sculpt your jawline, which can give you neck a younger, smoother appearance.
It’s not ever too late to prevent future neck wrinkles
Preventing excess wrinkles and sagging on the neck — and anywhere else — can be accomplished by:
- Avoiding the sun
- Wearing sunscreen
- Maintaining a consistent and healthy weight
None of us can avoid the natural effects of aging, and someday, cosmetic intervention may be unavoidable – if you want to raise your head and show your neck to the world. Consult with Dr. Bruck to identify the best options for your neck. Call today: 212.308.4600 or 516.587.0456.