You probably spend some of your time every day shaving, plucking, bleaching or waxing. But wouldn’t you happily give up all that work? Laser hair removal can take care of hair that grows where you wish it didn’t, and it is one of the most common and popular aesthetic procedures in the country. Maybe you don’t feel ready to take your hair removal to the next level. But if you answer yes to any of these questions, it might be time to visit our office:
- Do you have unwanted hair on your face and/or your body?
- Do your home removal efforts sometimes cause ingrown hairs or skin irritation?
- Does excess hair make you feel self-conscious?
- Do you dress to cover up unwanted hair?
- If you were stranded on a desert island, would a tweezers be the one tool you’d want to make sure you had?
Why you should discover laser hair removal
It is one of the best ways to quickly, safely effectively and permanently remove or reduce unwanted hair. Using a beam of high-intensity laser light that penetrates the skin to destroy the hair root, the procedure inhibits any future hair growth in the treated follicles. Sounds very modern and high tech, but methods for removing unwanted hair have been around since ancient times. Here are more amazing facts about hair removal:
- Ancient Egyptians removed unwanted hair with seashell tweezers
- Romans used flint and pumice stones, tweezers, creams and waxes
- Laser hair removal started over 50 years ago
- They can be used to treat larger areas, like the back and shoulders
- Laser treatments leave your skin smoother and silkier than waxing, shaving electrolysis
- Lasers are a gentle method for reducing or removing hair
- About six laser sessions can reduce or permanently remove unwanted hair
- It’s effective for your face and body
- Laser hair removal is convenient, noninvasive and can be permanent
- Our advanced laser technology can offer you specific treatment, customized to skin tone, hair type and areas of concern. Call today for an appointment: 308.4600 or 516.587.0456